• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Can't post

PigSti

Can't post most times

Text editor not accepting text, buttons not working, says I have less than 3 characters?

Q?

...yes working today but not most days.

Hmmm - I'll check it out!.......

Nope, nothing in the back-end that indicates a problem. I hope you can resolve the issue soon.

Gidday Pigs

I just checked your user profile, and nothing untoward there, mate :surprised: :shake: :shrug:.

However, you are not showing up as being online, either, which is quite strange.

Have you tried:

1) Log off the site; close the browser window; re-open browser; log on again?

2) Re-boot your computer after logging off and closing your browser.

Sounds to me as if your IP stack might have lost the plot; or your site security credentials have got confused about things. Either way, one or both of the above should fix it.

I think Ratbag might be on the money there.
Let us know how you go.

I just checked your user profile, and nothing untoward there, mate :surprised: :shake: :shrug:.

I just had a look also & everything looks good from my end too :shrug:

However, you are not showing up as being online, either, which is quite strange.

Thats weird, because he is for me :confused:

Regards
Mr Turbo

^ After I had navigated to the page (should refresh automatically ... ), I manually refreshed the "Who's Online" page, and suddenly he appeared.

@ Pigs: Please let us know if you have any further problems, mate.

Maybe your cookie cache is corrupted. If you still have problems after a re-boot, try clearing your cookie cache.

Seems working again today, hence the message. A script failure popup appeared asking me to cancel a failed script, which I did but still no response from the browser, go figure.

So I cleared the profile and browser cache and rechecked my TACO and Adblock settings for ORS, alls good again now I hope.

If I see that popup again I'll take a screen capture of it and send it on.

:)

Gidday Pigs

Glad to see that you seem to have it sorted mate.
Welcome "back" ... :iconwink: :ebiggrin:.

Happening today, editors not working, I can post but any formatting of text is ignored. I'm unable to edit the text or delete double posts. Toolbars icons in the editors are unavailable. Everything on the page can be selected but the is no action if a button or icon is pushed and any changes made are not saved! Save or go advanced does not work, post does.. Rather odd how it does this now and then. :(

Sorry about this but when I'm using an editor everything is editing in HTML codes! I might as well use Dreamweaver to prepare my posts as the editors here are not using their own formatting calls.

Gidday Pigs

This sounds like one of any number of things to me. Obvious ones are:

1) Browser is running out of memory/objects that it can use (too many tabs/invocations running at once);

2) Operating system is running out of memory/virtual memory; or memory is too fragmented to run the HTML and Java on web pages;

3) OS is running out of stack space - either the IP stack or one of the other various OS stacks;

4) You have a virus or other malware on your system;

5) your virtual memory file and/or system disk/partition are badly fragmented;

6) ADSL/Cable modem/router has a full DNS lookup table or routing table;

etc, etc, etc.

Without some fairly specific information about your computer, it is rather hard to know what specific thing/s may be causing this.

If you can tell me the browser and version; what OS you are running; what physical RAM and virtual memory settings you have; what anti-virus/anti-spyware s/w you have installed; when you did your last defragmentation run, and what s/w you use for this purpose - I may be able to guide you through fixing this. Feel free to send me a pm about this if you don't want to publish this info to the world at large!!

Otherwise, try shutting down your browser (all tabs/invocations) and re-starting it. If this doesn't work, clear your cookie cache and re-boot your computer and see if the problem ceases.

Got this? Editors are still not available!</br> </br>
2hgxx0w.jpg

Gidday Pigs

That's caused by a browser setting on your computer.

You need to enable browser access to the clipboard on your computer.
How you do this depends on which browser you are using, which you still haven't mentioned ...
All are different ...

Back