• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

What have you done to your car today?

Thanks guys!

Probably a really noob question but would the auto diffs still work with the manual gearbox? And obviously I will still need to get the matching 5th gear & the speedo drive gear for the NA option...

It would be good to have a few options to source the parts from is all.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Tigger,
I was going to source all the parts, but due to s bearing failure I didn't have time so I contacted Niazi at All Drive Subaru and I had the parts in under a week apart from the SF gear box that I bought.
Cheers

Stilson is right but I'm not sure if the auto NA crown wheel is the same, but you might as well get it from a Manual XT as you need the other bits anyway

havachat - I am interested in where you sourced your 4.44 diffs. Are they front and rear? Which model Subaru did you get them from? I am looking to upgrade the diffs in my SF Forester that currently has the 1.59 low range in it from the standard 4.11s to 4.44s. I have a DCCD for the centre so looking to upgrade the front and rear diffs while it is all apart getting the DCCD installed. I also have a 1 way Cusco LSD for the front.

Nice upgrade project ! Except for the Cusco LSD (plated ?) that needs maintenance. I'd go for a helical.

Gave blinky a good wash and waxed with coloured turtle wax. Look great, well besides the roof because waxing the roof was too hard...

havachat - I am interested in where you sourced your 4.44 diffs. Are they front and rear? Which model Subaru did you get them from? I am looking to upgrade the diffs in my SF Forester that currently has the 1.59 low range in it from the standard 4.11s to 4.44s. I have a DCCD for the centre so looking to upgrade the front and rear diffs while it is all apart getting the DCCD installed. I also have a 1 way Cusco LSD for the front.

Have a read through here. Its not an easy job getting 1.59 to fit with 4.44s but is doable...
https://offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=5529&highlight=dedman+gearbox

Replaced the sump plug

Of my Outback - Fumoto F-105. Lots of clearance remains.

Attachments

• 20161210_112321a.jpg
    20161210_112321a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20161210_123149a.jpg
    20161210_123149a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
It makes oil changes soooo easy and much less messy.

A simple flick of the valve to drain your sump. No fiddling with a sump plug while the oil dribbles out, then gushes on your hand. No replacing crush washers.

caveat: you still have to deal with oil all over your hands from the filter.

put a dual 12v socket in the back, and put a switch inline with the FWD fuse. Heard mixed opinions on weather its a good or bad thing, but i did it for S&G anyway.

What was the reason for this? The FWD fuse is usually only for limping home on a different size spare

no good reason really, just seeing if it makes any difference to fuel economy or anything else. when i bought the car the fuse was in for months before i realized.

thanks for the link to the lock mod, going to have a good read of that.

You can get bluetooth OBDII units pretty cheap which connect to an app e.g. on android smartphone I use "Torque"

Back