Gymkhana Five!!!Gymkhana Five!!!

As I said before- just go and buy an STI and do this sort of thing yourself. It is immensely enjoyable- and quite cheap once you have the STI. We have a motorkhana coming up later this month- should be fun and the idea of lots of sideways fun is very hard to resist.

Wow, wow, wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Block is an absolute freak. A true magician behind a steering wheel.

All I can say, apart from that is... Geez I wish I could drive like that :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

He does a great job, although the number of skid marks indicate it was not by any means a first up effort. His style of driving is spectacular for both driver and spectator, but it is not quite as it seems. More to the point, it is not as hard as top level rally driving. Block has now been in the WRC for a while, but has yet to challenge seriously for the title- or even a rally win. He is currently in 20th place in the WRC. Yet he can obviously drive a motor vehicle.

Now I am no Block. But I do have people coming up to me about how they love watching me drift my car, and while the cheers from spectators are all well and good, I'm not kidding myself. Show is not as fast as go- or as hard. Block is not kidding himself either- he has freely acknowledged the brilliance of those who are beating him. That is not to say we should not enjoy it. Just some perspective, that's all. And the realisation that the world's top rally drivers really are something special.

As I said before- just go and buy an STI and do this sort of thing yourself. It is immensely enjoyable- and quite cheap once you have the STI. We have a motorkhana coming up later this month- should be fun and the idea of lots of sideways fun is very hard to resist.

Hell yeah! But I think an STi is just out of reach for the time being lol ;)

Very well said Rally!!! I'm sure even Mr. Block would agree with you.

The other thing we have to remember, this whole Gymkhana series, by Mr. Block, is a freakin' DC shoe commercial!!!

To me, it is excellent driving put together in an entertaining way and I have loved the whole series.:cool: This latest one especially appeals to me since I lived in SF for so many years and always dreamed at times of having all the streets blocked off so you could go nuts like that.:twisted: (of course in my own way I did, it was just in traffic on my bicycle)

And having a 12yo, Ken Block fan son, you can thank me for helping make it all possible, I have purchased a few pairs of DC shoes.:iconwink:

This is cool too, inspiration for Mr. Block came from the 1968 movie Bullit, with Steve McQueen.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPFu5SSSz2g"]Bullitt - The Chase - YouTube[/ame]

Its funny watching the old stuff, like the old "Gone in 60sec" movie. Love the Mustang...

Didnt Steve McQueen do his own stunts, or at least some of them?

Back