• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Lokka.com Any of you Aussie guys know them?

86Hatchback

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Leone hatchback
Transmission
4 speed 4wd
I’ve been talking to a guy named RJ at Lokka.com, about making lockers for the r160. I’m a USMB regular so I pitched the idea over there, and nobody had heard of them. Everything l’ve read of people using them were in Australia or that side of the pond at least. So if anybody knows them or has dealt with them it would be great to know your experiences.

Thanks,
Matt

G'day & Welcome Matt. I've not heard anything about them, good or bad.

Howdy, thanks for adding me on. You guys have a lot of good info I hadn’t found before. Plus I’m just jealous of all the fun parts you non north America gents got ej dual ranges and diesels.

Nor have I. It's amazing how in the last year there has been so much chat about rear diff lockers. A couple of times a company was going to go ahead with it, but one said no and the other seemingly has gone nowhere. Hopefully it will, but in the meantime I am trying to get an R180 locker happening. It hasn't been easy.

For us stateside folks the r160 is widely available, the r180 came in the sti and older Nissans/Datsuns. So getting even an automatic locker for the little guy would be huge. I have this theory that Subaru’s will become what the vw was in the past here, cheap reliable off-roaders, with a few things like lockers and maybe some better gearing I think that would happen. Yes that’s usually one of the first newcomer questions to subaru, who makes a locker for the rear. So if there was one available you would think it would sell pretty well.

Yes I have, although only this year as a result of doing research for our R160 diff locker project.

https://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=29

They're an auto locker, also called an "unlocker" or "lunchbox" locker. So they are permanently locked & keep unlocking as you turn a corner.

From our research an unlocker isn't very popular & is only going to be successful if a R160 locker isn't available:

A R180 locker is even less popular, with only 1/4 of people wanting it ONLY if the R160 locker isn't available, which is very unlikely. Chances are we'll be able to do some kind of locker for the R160:

Yes an e-locker would be awesome for sure, most of us stateside subaru wheels are cheap buggers so auto locker would be more in our budget. Personally I’d like an e-locker in the front and an auto locker in the back. Granted if cost wasn’t an issue then e-lockers front and rear would be a given.

Wouldn't Harrop be keen to make an elocker for the r160 as they already make an r180 for the Nissan Navara that Rally adapted to the Subaru r180 housing ?

Wouldn't Harrop be keen to make an elocker for the r160 as they already make an r180 for the Nissan Navara that Rally adapted to the Subaru r180 housing ?
Yes they were very interested until they saw the diffs. The R160 housing was too small to fit their locker mechanism. They were hoping they would be able to use an Eaton design shown at a car show in Dubai but it turns out that's a discontinued product. So as it stands now, Harrop is out unfortunately

Back