Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
As the title says ...

My rear wiper arm has brewer's droop (has come loose on the drive shaft). Whether by itself or with some help, I don't know.

However, I don't want to make matters worse by forcing anything.

That's what I thought, HC ...

Except that I can't get the spindle cover to release :(.

Any thoughts people?

Looking at my Subaru Service Manual for Late SG foresters, you should be able to remove the cap on the end of the arm, and undo a nut to remove the Wiper Arm

Thanks, SS. Seems that I need to use more brute force then.

The front wiper assemblies on our SG and SH are easy to remove the nut covers. They just pop open easily. I've even tried my body clip removal tools on my sticking rear one, so far with no result ...

Fixed.

I unscrewed the entire arm, then discovered that the cover has four clipping points - two at the wiper end and two at the other side of the motor spindle. Very easy to get at with the arm removed, very difficult with it in place.

Replaced the arm and did the retaining nut up good and tight. Replaced clip on cover.

All is good, and fluked the correct parking position the first time!

Thanks everyone.

No problems, hit us up if you ever need to check something in the Service manual - I have it hosted on my server

Take it to a public car park near a railway station on a Saturday night. Come back the next morning and it should all be done for you. If you have some nice rims, they most likely be removed as well. It's a great service if you need such things done, and you can't get it done cheaper anywhere else either

Back