• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Ticking noise

Another update as I hope this helps someone. Replaced ticking noise still there so next I'm going to replace lower ball joint. If that doesn't get ride of the noise I will do wheel bearings even though it doesn't seem to be problem. if its not fixed then ill probably pull my hair out lol :)
Even though replacing the parts I have changed hasn't eliminated the noise they have all been on the way out so it hasn't been a wast of money or time.

Well found it. Pulled out drive shaft and inside wheel bearing is leaking grease so dare say buggerd. Nothing else points toward bearings but there you have it.

You wouldn't read about it bearing was buggerd but still have the noise. Looks like it may be the strut. Least trying to find the problem has shown me a few things that I need to replace :)

Getting there, mate.

I seem to recall mentioning that tracking these things down can be tricky ... :poke: :biggrin:.

Hi all next thing I'm going to replace is the strut. When I replace I want to replace the rubbers on the end of springs as I just reused standard ones when I put springs in and they are looking pretty average. Asked parts store where I'm getting struts from and they said you cant get them, Any suggestions where to get them or what I can use instead.

Well I have done it found the problem. it ended up being the drive shaft either was faulty from factory or damaged when centre diff was ****ed before replacing. well fixed now

Back