• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Ridin' around...hop in.

Thanks y'all.

Everythings o.k. here, I've had to get back to working a little more and playin' a little less. :iconwink: Penny and the pups, moving to a different house, playing with cannons and now metal detecting have all conspired to eat up my time too since last summer, leaving very little time for Subi miles.
I've got a feeling that md'ing and the Foz are a good combo tho.:ebiggrin: I should have been toteing the Minelab along with me all those miles already.
DSC08180-L.jpg

Old burnt out back woods church, even the outhouse was torched..
DSC08162-X2.jpg

DSC08157-X2.jpg

DSC08153-L.jpg

I did about an hour of metal det here, only turned up JUNK.

Further down Grassy Island rd, I spied this old house that's being torn down near the Pee Dee River. At some point the cabin was added on to and closed in. There was no way to tell the log cabin was hidden inside the ho hum looking farm house.

DSC08193-L.jpg

DSC08196-L.jpg

DSC08189-X2.jpg

I'm hoping to get permission to hunt this yard soon. This area saw a lot of activity during the Revolutionary War..
I wonder what the owners plan to do with the logs? They look like chestnut to me, any other opinions?
DSC08195-X2.jpg

Did I mention that I still love my Forester?!? :monkeydance:
DSC08266-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to post these shots from the last ride.

Smith Ferry landing on the Pee Dee river, no longer in service. I did find 4 pcs of camp lead here with the Minelab.
DSC08237-XL.jpg

DSC08240-XL.jpg

Farm land at the crossing.We rarely see any icey crap in this part of North Carolina, this winter has been extra cold.:twisted:
DSC08217-XL.jpg

DSC08219-XL.jpg

DSC08229-X2.jpg

DSC08206-XL.jpg

I found these old millstones on Rocky River, they're all that remain of the mill.
Out of focus…
DSC08116-L.jpg

DSC08120-L.jpg

DSC08122-X2.jpg

DSC08256-X2.jpg

Good to see you are gettin' back out there Gravel!!!:cool:

Those mill stones are cool, my Great-Great Grand parents owned the Peters and Bradley mill in Knoxville TN way back in the day.:) Lots of mill memorabilia amongst the family, no mill stones though.

Pics from last week.

I've been doing a lot of scouting around for metal detecting spots lately. I'd never been past this very neat old farm house. There were zero "no trespassing" signs so I wandered around for a few minutes.

DSC01469-XL.jpg

Over the years I've come to realize that these types of spots, that ooze history, are very fragile and often disappear at the hand of a punk with a bic, so I've started to snap some pics to preserve a little bit of a subject that may not have ever gotten much "press".:monkeydance:
DSC01489-XL.jpg

The back porch.
DSC01473-XL.jpg

The more I tried to straighten this pic the worse it looked so..
DSC01480-XL.jpg

DSC01493-X3.jpg

I only dug a few shallow targets, there's so metal in the ground it'd take awhile to do the site justice. And I'm not digging without permission.:lilddvil:
Not much for good off road stuff lately,but I'm looking for that too!
More to come!

I'd never been past this very neat old farm house. There were zero "no trespassing" signs so I wandered around for a few minutes.

DSC01469-XL.jpg
What a fantastic, old farm house :raz:
It's a beauty :raz:

Over the years I've come to realize that these types of spots, that ooze history, are very fragile and often disappear at the hand of a punk with a bic, so I've started to snap some pics to preserve a little bit of a subject that may not have ever gotten much "press".:monkeydance:
That, unfortunately is just so true :neutral:

Regards
Mr Turbo

I've missed getting out and exploring in a Forester!

Guess who's back on the trail...
Different Forry, all stock for now, same motives.:ebiggrin:
I've moved 600 miles to the West and exploring all new locations, here's pics from yesterday at Land between the Lakes.
a%20camphdr-X3.jpg

adeer-X3.jpg

a%20leaves%20trail%202-X3.jpg

a%20lake%204-X3.jpg

a%20road%202-X3.jpg

a%20lake-X3.jpg

a%20swan-X3.jpg

aaleaves-X3.jpg

Thanks Kevin.
Im planning to get back to contributing to ORS this year. Hopefully my drone can catch some interesting footage and pics for a different perspective on the hobby.

Awesome! I'm in NC too. Heading up to Old NC 105 in a couple of weekends. Will try Uwharries too as they're not too far away.

Back