Share your raised springs experiences

^ ^ I'm very surprised that any spring would alter in this way and time (almost) regardless of loading.

It basically goes against the entire idea of "spring steel" :( :confused:.

All springs settle, Kings are known for it. I don't know how much mine have settled but I have definitely noticed the rear is much softer and more pliable, definitely good for articulation

My king springs got me about less than half of a inch of lift... I want to add a 1" strut spacer but since i do a lot of highway miles i don't want to replace CV boots every year.

Caveat, I have a USDM BD (95) legacy on OB struts, this provides 1.5" lift over stock (with gen 1 OB or gen 2 legacy springs).

1. What brand raised springs do you have?
Factory Subaru springs all around, fitted to a USDM 95 legacy. I have SF forester rear springs and 94? SVX front springs

2. What is the actual lift provided in your case (list model please)?
rear springs are taller but with thinner coil, so taller provides a little lift and thinner coil provides softer ride. maybe .25" -.5" lift over stock OB springs
front springs are same coil thickness but taller so provide lift and maintain ride quality. I think after settling they are .5" - .75" lift over stock OB springs

3. Have the springs required any other changes or caused any issues?
The struts alone required camber kits/camber bolts in front, rear was fine without the kits, but when i added the springs all around I needed to get the camber kits in the rear too, but was then able to get my alignments within a happy spec.

4. How do you like the ride and the handling? King Springs, even if raised, are supposed to correct the handling after the installation of 1"+ spacers.
I like the ride quality. Its not really too harsh. I've rally-crossed in this setup and it was fine, even without a front sway bar. I reinstalled the FSB and its much better. I'd say it isn't particularly harsh, maybe even softish if not just like stock OB but with more up travel. In the off-roading I do it's preferable to have a softer spring, this allows better contact and up-travel, particularly nice when disconnecting sway bars and trying to crawl and maintain traction/contact.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone else use SVX bits in mods. I like the front springs and am curious about the rears.
I did need to use SF front upper spring perches as the coil diamater is reduced when compared to legacy/OB springs. I think second gen Imprezas are like this as well (as in my wife's 03 OBS).

that is all ;)

^ I agree, but I think you need to give Kings a fair chance to respond/rectify your problem.

BTW, I'm sorry that you are having this problem - none of us want to have this kind of thing happen to us :(.

Back