Administrator
Car Year
MY06, MY10
Car Model
Forester SG & SH
Transmission
5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Gidday Folks

Kevin has created this forum for everyone to share the places you have been to, your recommendations (or otherwise) regarding roads, off roading, sight seeing, places to camp or stay and your reasons for any/all of the above.

Trip reports generally should go into that sub-forum rather than here.

This is more somewhere to share your thoughts about individual places - e.g. when Kevin recommended to me that I would probably enjoy a stay at Yarrie Lake, a meteor crater lake near Wee Waa in NSW that only features on Google Maps at close to the highest magnification!

Probably also a good place to share places you would like to go and why.

Day trip from Brisbane

I went on my first day trip with the Subaru 4X4 club yesterday from Brisbane in my S3 auto Forester, stock except for SubaXtreme sump guard and 215X70X16 AT tyres. We used back tracks up Mount Barney near the NSW border (very steep, dry and dusty with lots of rocks, would be very slippery after rain). We stopped for lunch at Queen Mary Falls and finished the trip through the Condamine River Gorge with a dozen or so rocky river crossings (water about 400mm deep and one very steep and slippery exit). I would recommend this trip for Subie owners as it offers a wide variety of off road experiences in the one day. Don't go alone and check with National Parks to make sure roads are open. After any significant rain the river crossings will be too deep for Subies that are not modified appropriately.

Last edited:
Back