Bad Elf GPS - for Ipad WiFi

That looks pretty cool,a better chipset plus being external to the device would make the accuracy and reliability of signal better.It's wired as well which is nice, finding good maps and a good software tracking app is the important thing, I don't know any for ios but there's bound to be a couple of really good ones, a local bloke i know uses one to navigate on in his ultralight. So probably just check the gps unit works with the tracking ap you wish to use

I've been using oziexplorer for android on my tablet for a few years now without any issues or reliability problems for 4wding and geocaching on my phone, well besides my navigator falling asleep on me. I love my the tablet for mapping it's 10" works great and doubles for watching videos or looking at photos I've taken while I'm out, or wifi tethering to my phone for internet when back towards civilization. Tablet/ipad is probably one of the more versatile navigation choices, plus if i haven't any crap in my glove box i can fit my tablet and inverter in there to hide it away.

Back