Urgent need GOOD Quality Subaru Mechanic in Brisbane

gregjet

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
xv
Transmission
manual
My girlfriends daughter bought a second hand 2012 XV ( 80000km) in Brisbane recently ( mainly because I bought one. Not sure that was a good criteria). She has just taken it to a Subaru dealership for a service and has been told it needs 1500bucks worth of air conditioning work.
Is there any good and reputable Subaru mechanics ( for future servicing and work) and a good non ripoff auto air con. service place in Brisbane.
There are older posts about Boxer place and Scorpion but they are old posts and I don't even know if they are still in business.
Any help would be appreciated. I am in Bundaberg so I can't help her direct. She is a nurse that communtes between Bris and Gold Coast for work so needs a reliable car.

I believe Boxer and Scorpion are both still going. I have used Mike at Scorpion and, while not cheap, knows what he is doing.
Perhaps contact the SCC in Brizbanal and call one of its committee for advice.
www subaclub.com

That is disappointing. In Victoria if you buy a second hand car from a dealer you get a three month statutory warranty. Not sure what happens in QLD.

If there is no warranty and she has to pay herself maybe a good air conditioning mechanic might be the go.

Scorpion Subaru are a good Subaru Mechanic - they really know their stuff but I am unsure of their pricing as I am still waiting for them to send through an Invoice for the work that they have recently completed on my car...

As for AC repairs - I can't help you with that I am sorry :(

You do get a Stat warranty in QLD, 3 months.
that's where I bought my last car from

they got hit with $3500 worth of centre diff, glow-plugs and clutch repairs

What sort of AC repairs have they quoted on?
(I'm a trained Automotive AC Tech)

Subi-Evolution are on the Northside of Brisbane (Brendale)

Thanks guys. I think she might be just out of her 3 months ( of course). I am not sure exactly what AC work is needed .
She will need a quality reliable mechanic anyway as the car will get a fair bit of work and HAS to be reliable ( lives may actually depend on it). She and her husband are get z's with the usual gen Z automotive nouse ( read...none).
I found good comments for both Subi evolution and Scorpion and gave these and the Guy at Nerang that was mentioned. They live on the (just) southside but a good mechanic is worth the travel.

Gregjet I agree with robbks.... Subievolution are great. Speak to Russell. After being told 6 years ago that my Liberty needed $5000 worth of repairs, I took my business to Subievolution and have always received good advice and quality work on my cars. Incidentally... The Liberty didn't have the $5000 worth of work done, and is still motoring magnificently.

Best regards,

Boxer Service are still in business as the phone number and answering service is still working.
After 8 years of reliable service from them I can thoroughly recommend them, all their Mechanics are Subaru trained.
They will also take you to and from the Strathpine Railway Station if you need to go to Brissy for work or appointments etc.,
customer service is excellent, no extra work is carried out without phoning you first for approval either.

Back