Soft folding portable solar panel

silver

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
I was just checking out a few sites I use and found this. Look at the 120w Sharp blanket style panel. I've never seen one so cheap with brand name panels. Redarc want about $1,200 for a similar thing. I have bought off this mob before and they are the only ones that use quality panels throughout their range.
I just ordered one.
https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/solar/portable-panels/

It turned up today. I'm very happy with it. I'll get another one later in the year. I like the controller is not attached so you can plug straight into a set up like the Redarc one I will be using which has a inbuilt controller. If I want to charge a battery in my boat for example I just connect the supplied controller and away I go.
When I get the next one I will make up a 'Y' connection and can run it as a 240w panel through a 20amp controller which is only $10 extra. So I have a choice then of 2x120w or 1x240 all of which can be run with their own controllers or through a built in controller.
Folded up it measures 35cm X 37cm x 5cm and weighs about 7.5kg. I can just chuck it under my car seat. The only thing to watch is not to store it in direct heat,just keep it in a cool spot. Very Happy.:ebiggrin:

It certainly is worth a look through. It's the only mob I have seen that use 'name' brand panels through their range. This fold up panel is cheaper than the Projector brand one and seems to be a very good set up. Fantastic that I won't need to take up much room at all to have a 240w panel charging my batteries.

Back