• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

What have you done to your car today?

Here's a thread I never knew existed!
Today I put some Bridgestone D697's on, 215X65R16C, up from the bog standard 215X6016. Didn't want to go much bigger due to potential loss of climbing ability.
Would really like to find something in a mud terrain with the same diameter, on a smaller rim but there's nothing out there I've found in about a 665-680mm diameter unless I go to a 14" rim!
Uf4KUnf.jpg

Oh, also put on an "our we there yet bashplate" - perfect fit, one man job, took less than a beer to remove old plastic one and install new one thanks to David Wilson, quality stuff.
:rock:

jjYPiaQ.jpg

All looks good, Ben. I didn't know that Bridgestone were making a 215/65 16 in D697, or had forgotten more likely :biggrin: :cool:.

For some reason I decided to brighten up my week by replacing the valve cover gaskets of the TB. Every bolt requires a different removal strategy...

replaced the weeping top radiator hose on the outback - it seemed to have swelled or wiggled itself off the block enough to foul the secondary fan, which promptly ground away the outside of the hose; that, or more likely I fluffed the initial install and didn't leave enough space between hose and fan.

Who knew the gen3 lib TT and 2.5 outback used the same part? Another lego subaru moment.

Very handy for these 40C days we're getting in Sydney at the moment.

Changed the front left rocker cover gasket and thats it, no other oil leaks.

Changed a cv and watched the left rocker cover leak on my face.

it's easy yes, but mines not that far out of the scrap heap atm so I don't really want to change it, hell I'm 30,000km over due for a timing belt.

The thing is heading for a warriors death

it's easy yes, but mines not that far out of the scrap heap atm so I don't really want to change it, hell I'm 30,000km over due for a timing belt.

The thing is heading for a warriors death

If your low range gear survives, I'll have it :raz:

Here's a thread I never knew existed!
Oh, also put on an "our we there yet bashplate" - perfect fit, one man job, took less than a beer to remove old plastic one and install new one thanks to David Wilson, quality stuff.
This is good. how thick is this? Thanks.

6MM Aluminium sheet (not cast)

Today I ripped my front and rear bumper off as well as the plastic around my front tire. Was planning to do this eventually so that we could build custom bumpers with better entry angles, and fit better tires under the car, but a few rocks on the trail decided to speed up that process lol. Will be making a video about the trip with the incidents but it won't be up for a while. I'll upload pics if I get the chance.

Ah well it will give you the incentive to do the mods at least!

Today I ripped my front and rear bumper off as well as the plastic around my front tire. Was planning to do this eventually so that we could build custom bumpers with better entry angles, and fit better tires under the car, but a few rocks on the trail decided to speed up that process lol. Will be making a video about the trip with the incidents but it won't be up for a while. I'll upload pics if I get the chance.

Our last trips usually dictate our next mods. Welp, it's time for that custom bumper now.

Our last trips usually dictate our next mods. Welp, it's time for that custom bumper now.

No kidding, wasn't really sure what upgrades were needed past tires and clearance until we put the system to the test. Should be an interesting and informative build

Well not today but yesterday.

Now my Forester is out of warranty i'll be doing the services myself. So yesterday I did.

Oil change
Oil filter change
Air filter change
Upper engine clean
wheel rotation
Fuel additive added.

I did get a "P0172 Powertrain system too rich bank 1" after I did the upper engine clean. But that cleared after I went for a 10 minute drive.

Back