Mercedes Truck

It just shows what you can do with bald tyres, articulation aided by chassis flex, 10 tonnes aiding traction by getting the wheels down to solid ground and a bit of grading with the front axle. The mobile mechanics and road builders did a lot to help too. :lol:

Great video.

Epic! Sure helps put things in perspective, thanks for sharing.

Great video!
My son has a Mercedes Unimog; I think it could climb a brick wall!

Do you go offoad with him?

We did part of the Hume and Hovell walking track once - that was interesting getting that big rig through! Also lots of fun down the back of his property; he got it to carry livestock. He has a Foz, a Ford Capri Clubsport and an Amarok as well and did a lot of his "L" time in my Foz both on and off-road.

Attachments

• Resized_Unimog.jpg
    Resized_Unimog.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 5
Is it the same truck? The grille seems to come and go, and the body changes too.

Anyway, I know what you’re all thinking. Imagine where it could go if it had all terrain tyres!

Haha. Of course none of us ever said that AT tires are good in mud. Mud is a great equalizer. If you don't have MTs, it does not really matter what you have, it will all be like a bald tire if the tire cannot self clean.

Haha. Of course none of us ever said that AT tires are good in mud. Mud is a great equalizer. If you don't have MTs, it does not really matter what you have, it will all be like a bald tire if the tire cannot self clean.

Spin it fast enough and any tyre will self clean.. :lildevil::rotfl:

Is it the same truck? The grille seems to come and go, and the body changes too.

Definitely the same truck - same smashed in RHS headlight and guard all the way through.

Rally is probably right, there are differences. Its maybe the same truck but filmed at two different dates....they modded it !

Back