I-phone access to the forum...

Would you use Tapatalk on the forum?

• Total voters

Barry

Forum Member
I don't have an I-phone, but thought this might be of use to those who are addicted. (Found the link mentioned on MySwag)

It's here: https://www.tapatalk.com/
and apparently simple to install on a forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin
There is a free and paid version for the iPhone. Free is read only, no posting, paid is full featured.

I understand it is compatible with v-bulletin based forums like ORS, and is at no cost to the admin.

I just got a CrackBerry Tour this weekend and I can view the site. I didn't try to post either. Is it safe to login on the Crackberry with my admin password? I'd hate to get it stolen.

how come it wouldn't work without the add-on? if you can access the internet why couldn't you access ors? or i'm i way off the ball here:confused:

The plugin/addon allows the iPhone app to just pull down forum post data without all the other forum 'stuff', thus more efficient and downloading less data.

I use this app from time to time and can't say overall I'm all that happy with it. For example it only seems to show the last 20 unread posts. Which means I have to trawl through sub-forum by sub-forum to see if I've missed anything.

Safari on iPhone & iPod Touch works just fine for me :)

The plugin/addon allows the iPhone app to just pull down forum post data without all the other forum 'stuff', thus more efficient and downloading less data.

I use this app from time to time and can't say overall I'm all that happy with it. For example it only seems to show the last 20 unread posts. Which means I have to trawl through sub-forum by sub-forum to see if I've missed anything.

Not that I'm likely to get an I-phone Hoadie, but are you using the free or paid version?

gotcha. cheers;)

Same here. I use Safari on my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. No trouble whatsoever.

Is there any chance of getting tapatalk activated? I use it on my iphone for other forums, its a shame its not activated here its very useful for me and im sure others.

We don't have anyone on the staff who has the expertise to implement tapatalk. If there is someone on the forum that has experience with this we would welcome the help. All the staff here is volunteers and we don't have the funding to hire someone.

We don't have anyone on the staff who has the expertise to implement tapatalk. If there is someone on the forum that has experience with this we would welcome the help. All the staff here is volunteers and we don't have the funding to hire someone.

Im willing to lend a helping hand... I work in IT, implementing software, scripts and dealing with servers.
I would find it useful too :)

Let me know if you want a hand at all.

Taza

Doesn't it only involve activating a plug-in?

Its abit more involved then that :raspberry:

I have 3 weeks off over Xmas and New Years, although moving two houses and a heap of other stuff going on I can find the time for a quick little project to help do this if people really want?

Taza

Back