What have you done to your car today?

My Gorilla lift kits arrived at work today from the US for both my SG Foresters !! They appear well made. Just need to get them installed now.
Very impressed with Gorilla's service and speed of delivery.

Also bought a Century 75D23L battery. 620 cold crank amps for $164 normally about $200. It comes with a 3 yr warranty.

And bought one Yoko ATS 215/65/16 to make up 5 tyres for offroad ! I am keeping the 215/60/16 ATS for snow only as I don't think the snow chains will clear the spring perch with the larger tyre.

^ That's lousy battery life, Mr T :( Ugh!
You're not wrong :yell:
The strange thing about it was that there weren't even any warning signs that it was on it's way out :evil:

That's odd for a yellow top............... Might be worth ringing the distribute, your consumer rights should guarantee it'd last longer than 4 years.
I chose the Optima "LEMON" Top as I'd heard good reports from them various people.

Lets just say that I won't be using one of them again :eviltoyou:
Once bitten twice shy
as they say :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Today there was a big 4x4 beach event in holland. A few hundred 4x4s several dakar rally trucks and buggy's. You know what? My fozzy performed well, very well indeed. Again it surprised me and the rest. It feels sooo good when a jeep wrangler or an other "real" 4x4 makes several attempts to reach the top of a sandy hill gives up, reverse, and my fozzy reaches the top in 1 attempt to everybody's surprise!!

I still have big smile on my face :ebiggrin:
tomorrow i will steal my wifes laptop and place some pics.

my daughter was there with here daihatsu sporttrack(feroza). I drove here car also and to my big surprise is my fozzy easier to drive in the sand. Whe both have the same tyres so that should make no difference.

I had a great day with my forester!

It feels sooo good when a jeep wrangler or an other "real" 4x4 makes several attempts to reach the top of a sandy hill gives up, reverse, and my fozzy reaches the top in 1 attempt to everybody's surprise!!

Subies are very light so we float across the sand where others plough through. Congrats on outshining the others :monkeydance:

my daughter was there with here daihatsu sporttrack(feroza). I drove here car also and to my big surprise is my fozzy easier to drive in the sand. Whe both have the same tyres so that should make no difference.

Tyres are only one part of it, the famous Subaru AWD system does the rest :biggrin:

My Foz had a birthday...he turned 200,000 :biggrin:

Just as well - 'cause he's about to run out of fuel! :lol:

^ Yeah. Only another 50,000 Kms left in the tank ... :lol:.
You'd better find a servo fast, you're running on fumes mate :lol:

It feels sooo good when a jeep wrangler or an other "real" 4x4 makes several attempts to reach the top of a sandy hill gives up, reverse, and my fozzy reaches the top in 1 attempt to everybody's surprise!!

I still have big smile on my face :ebiggrin:
I bet you do :biggrin: And I'm guessing that they're still crying too :raspberry::lol::raspberry:

Congrats & well done casperfromholland :ebiggrin:
Looking forward to seeing the pics :raz:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Haha, gotta love it Casper. It's even better when they can't make it and look confused when the foz makes it up in reverse.

Well done, Casper ... :) :ebiggrin:.

I discovered way back in the 1970s that because Subarus are (relatively) light, they would do things easily that my 1968 LandCruiser couldn't do at all. Needless to say, my LC could do the odd thing that my Forester can't ... :iconwink:.

IMO, there is also the matter of driver skill and experience with their vehicle. This counts for a lot as well.

Glad you had a good, and successful, day. :)

Today there was a big 4x4 beach event in holland. A few hundred 4x4s several dakar rally trucks and buggy's. You know what? My fozzy performed well, very well indeed. Again it surprised me and the rest. It feels sooo good when a jeep wrangler or an other "real" 4x4 makes several attempts to reach the top of a sandy hill gives up, reverse, and my fozzy reaches the top in 1 attempt to everybody's surprise!!

That makes you even more confident for your Moroccan trip...:iconwink:

Ran over a piece of steel (?) today on the way to uni which put a nice gash in the sidewall of my dueler tyre. Really can't complain about the tyres, only the second puncture and both were from doing stupid things - running over glass at the tip, and now this. Dropped in the tyre shop on the way home and ordered another one, and they happened to be on special - $190!! Tossing up whether or not to get a second one - so two new for the rear and then have the passenger side one for my spare (it's got 2/3rds to go), as my spare atm is a bald perelli...

On a side note, I am fairy sure that the tie rods need replacing, as at full lock going slowly they knock and also the steering wheel is feeling pretty loose.. need to get it checked out soon!

Last edited:
Sarge, jack up one of the front wheels, and check it for movement, horizontal movement side to side, will be tie rods, vertical movement (inline with the strut) Will be ball joints. Pretty easy to check for sure if it's the tie rods.

Test fitted the 215-65-16 Yoko ATS which I had fitted to some SF GT alloys I acquired a while ago.
I am happy with the look.

Also fitted the new battery I recently bought.

Detailed the interior, got my muddies fitted and my exhaust bushes crumbled and my exhaust fell off :-(

Back