WA Camp Yeagarup

Red XS

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
SG Forester XS
Transmission
1.447 Low SG Manual
Over the long weekend four brave men in three Subarus set of on an epic camp trip to Yeagarup region. Interceptor (L series), Twinklz (SF Forester), Red (SG Forester)
2_zpseed8ecde.jpg

We started of being led by Captain Sense of Direction (Red), but soon Interceptor took over with his fancy SatNav.
1_zpsaff18a83.jpg

First of we went to Yeagarup Dunes, I was hoping that the entrance would be a piece of cake, because to get of the beach we would have to do a sand dune triple the size. Red's powerful EJ25 made it up the dune with ease, but this was not the case with the L series. After a few attempts Interceptor got bogged at the bottom of the sand dune :sad: But other "real 4wd's" where struggling up it too, so we weren't giving subaru too bad a name.

IMGP4091_zps5f7a3afb.jpg

Twinklz was doing alright until a bloody "Soccer Mums car" got in his way.

https://s513.photobucket.com/user/RedXS25/media/IMGP4098_zps9450235d.mp4.html

Things then went bad quickly for the poor Twinkle Mobile. Someone told him to reverse down side ways and reattempt the sand dune from half way up, experienced 4wders will know this is a big no, no. But soon Twinklz got bogged half way up the hill facing side ways and a lot of clutch was killed. Luckily the Landrover who caused the botch up came to tow Twinklz out. The Twinkle Mobile was rescued, but the clouds of clutch that billowed out could have been spotted from space.

But soon we made it up into some spectacular Dunes. These were so much bigger and soft than anything at Lancelin!:ebiggrin:

1_zpse7793845.jpg

2_zps057c72e7.jpg

3_zpsc968b911.jpg

4_zps260fb393.jpg

5_zpsc1c07bf0.jpg

So Red was by far the best in the sand (with the EJ25 and the best sand tyres in the group) But it was only a matter of time before I became over confident in my cars ability.:lol:
IMGP4101_zpsb4e81caf.jpg

I made up for this by tearing a round the dunes some more later on. But unfortunately, while I was bogged the ranger came to tell us of for taking inadequate vehicles into the area. Luckily, he also gave us a list of other tracks that he thought we couldn't go down, which gave us more places to go during the next few days:lol:

Day 2
I was the first to wake up as I am an early riser, so I took some photos of our camp.
1_zps8d949e00.jpg

Yes, Twinklz did spend the night with his bonnet up and you will be seeing a lot more of this! (But I'll let him explain his massive list of problems later on)

This is where we had breakfast.
2_zps66548ad4.jpg
1_zps490cdb77.jpg

Then we found a rock
1_zps900a61c9.jpg

We drove through lots of forests
1_zpsc8d41ab0.jpg

Eventually we came to Black Point Road (One of the places we told the Ranger we wouldn't go) This was good fun to drive down.
2_zps49fb796a.jpg
1_zpsc5e74c04.jpg

Unfortunately the L series soft suspension couldn't cope with the extra camping weight and bottomed out on the wheel arch, but nothing a roadside repair couldn't fix.
1_zpsfe90bac3.jpg

Black Point rewarded us with some epic views.
Untitled_zps54332559.jpg
1_zps6fe33c4d.jpg

After some messing around, we arrived at a new camp, at about sunset.
2_zps10af992a.jpg
Untitled_zps89694ea2.jpg
3_zpsb8e6a70d.jpg

Yes, Twinklz bonnet is still up.

Looks like you had a great time :raz: Great pics too :biggrin:

Twinklz was doing alright until a bloody "Soccer Mums car" got in his way.

https://s513.photobucket.com/user/RedXS25/media/IMGP4098_zps9450235d.mp4.html
You're not wrong :yell: Stupid silver ?Patrol? was it ?

But unfortunately, while I was bogged the ranger came to tell us of for taking inadequate vehicles into the area. Luckily, he also gave us a list of other tracks that he thought we couldn't go down, which gave us more places to go during the next few days:lol:
Geez :shake: I hope "he" gets stuck or bogged on one of "those" tracks :lol:
Then one of you guys (Subi's) rescue him :rotfl:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Day 3

We had to do a quick track so we could leave by noon so that Twinklz could make it back in time (like that was ever going to happen)
The others had had enough of sand so we found a rocky, dirt trail for them. It started of with a river crossing.
Untitled_zps5c9ac7b4.jpg

Interceptor can supply the videos.
We didn't have too much trouble driving across it the first time ...
Then we went up the "infinitely high hill, which never ended" We all found this fun.

But then the track started getting narrow and strachy.
Untitled_zps2217ab6e.jpg

This was good fun for the others, but Red has a good paint job, which I didn't want to scratch, so I took it at a snails pace (which thankfully did avoid scratches) Interceptor didn't mind the scratches as his car already had them, so he took it at a reasonable pace.
And then there was Twinklz, who had lost all care after all the damage that he had done previously. The poor Twinkle Mobile went full on bush bashing as (Interceptor can supply some videos, as I had fallen behind)
Luckily for me, the others soon decided that the track was too over grown and came back.

But then we had to do the river crossing again ...

Interceptor bounced his way over the rocks no problem, but Red didn't quite get his line right and got a little stuck.
1_zps79b7e1e9.jpg

2_zps7b23ed33.jpg

And then I reversed ... pulling my bumper off :sad:

3_zps5dd5e324.jpg

Yep, I did my only damage on the very final obstacle of the 3 day camp trip!

We then parted ways ...
1_zpsb5d51c05.jpg

... And that was the end of our epic adventure.

Geez :shake: I hope "he" gets stuck or bogged on one of "those" tracks :lol:
Then one of you guys (Subi's) rescue him :rotfl:
I'm happy to report that he did get stuck earlier that day!

My damage report
- Genuine bumper clip + Genuine Subaru screws - $18
(This is from Subaru Wangara, Thank you for having reasonable prices)

The bumper now looks the same as how it did when I bought it.
And that is all the damage I got.

I'll let Interceptor and Twinklz do their damage reports, as I will probably forget something, especially with Twinklz.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that he did get stuck earlier that day!
I was hoping you'd some thing to that effect :p :lol: :raspberry:

Sorry to hear about the damage guys :sadbanana:
Hopefully it's not too painful on the hip pocket :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Looks like you fellers had fun!
I'll come to the next one, on condition that we avoid the dunes. My L suffers similarly to Interceptor's in deep soft sand.
The forest tracks look awesome though :D

Come down when it's all muddy tom, interceptor and myself are planning a mud run :-D

She took more of a beating than rihanna, butmy mechanic will sort it all out

There's some familiar sites haha, looks like it was a great trip guys, good little trip report too Red! Still annoyed I didn't get to come, but I'm up for the mud run!

Did you end up driving out to Lake Jasper after Black Point?

That crossing looks cool! Did it have a name?

From the looks of it, the entrance has changed appearance from when I was there 5 months ago... ([ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwg9sm2OhcU"]Subaru Forester - Yeagarup Dunes - YouTube[/ame])

Due to Interceptor not bringing enough food and having to go back to Pemberton, we did not make it to Lake Jasper :(

I think the river crossing is Heart Break River Crossing (It's on the Heart Break Trail)

And nice footage too, Yes the tyre trails seemed a lot deeper when you went.

Oh dear, maybe next trip! Yes, heartbreak sounds like the one, supposed to be a hard crossing in winter when it's flowing, not subaru friendly!

It wasn't a Subaru friendly crossing anyway. A rock grabbed my bumper and ripped it off. But I reckon just a small one inche lift would have made it much easier.

My complete list of modifications
-DIY sump guard
-Removed front mud flaps (One willingly, one not willingly)

... that is all.

Back