• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Banner Design Competition

A word of caution pertaining to stiching and blowing up photos.

Firstly, resolution. Not such a big thing these days what with 8 plus Mb DSLR cameras. Secondly however, unless you have tripoded the frame, the chances are that when you blow it up, you will loose the crispness as it will be slightly blurry.

I've had photos blown up to 10x15 that where shot with tripod, remote shutter release (to avoid vibration of pressing the shutter release) and f22 to get as much light in as possible and you could still pick some blur.

Mind you, the cost alone of printing in this size can be scary enough:eek:

But what the hell, have a bash and see what happens...

Hey Carlo,

More than aware of that, I've been into photography for about 8 years now. These were taken on 7Mp DSLR.

I am currently upgrading to a 14.6Mp DSLR! Can't wait!

Oh yeah, I can get 1x1.5m canvas prints done for the price of materials (around $40) - my mate has his own graphic design company and has a commercial printer.
:woohoo:

They look unreal!

Hey Damien, if I send you the full size versions of both those photos do you think you do do something similar with them? That'd look unreal blown up big on the wall.

Thanks for the compliment :D:D

Any yes mate you can send the full size versions to me & I'll see what I can do. But I can't promise you anything though.
But as they say, you'll never ever know if you never have go.

I'll PM you my email address.

Regards
Mr Turbo

not worthy of a banner and its missing the "S" but i thought it looked cool enough to share anyway? just practiceing photoshop skills:o
dirtyors.jpg

Mr Turbo, Love your work. I'll try a few more once the weekend gets here. :)

Eden, looking good, I think my Outback is just as dirty at the moment.

does anyone use adobe photoshop i've got it on a second hand computer i bought and for the life of me i can't figure out how to merge photos together like the ones for the ORS banner:confused:. i've never used any kind off photoshop before so i'm pretty lost. any info would help

Depending on the version that you have, this may or may not work.

With the adobe photoshop version that I have I do the following.

Open photoshop & up the top select "file" L Click to get a drop down box.
Find "create photomerge" L Click on it.
In the new window that appears L Click on "Browse" to choose the pics that you want to use & open them.
When the new window appears again L Click "OK"
This will then merge/join the photos automatically.

If a window appears & says that it can't merge/join the selected pics don't worry. Just L Click "OK"
You can now just drag the pics (one at a time) that you have selected from the thumbnails that appear. (towards the top page)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Thats what I like to see eden, something different & thinking outside the square.
So it gave me an idea & came up with this.

banner9nh3.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

I just can't seem to stop, so here we go with another one.

banner10zu6.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

Last edited:
I've added a banner rotation hack. We have nine banners in rotation right now. Each time you log in or go to a new page you will see a different forum banner. You can cheat by refreshing your browser (F5/apple+R).

Keep them coming.

Now that I see them in action I think the ideal size should be
640 to 800 x 120 to 150 pixels. The file size should be small otherwise the forum will load slow.

Back