• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

2009 ORS.com Calendar Contest

pleiad7

Administrator
I'd like to see if there is any interest in putting together an ORS.com wall calendar for 2009 with members' photos. We've been doing this with great success over the previous years over at subaruforester.org and usually we get a few offroader entries over there (Kevin actually made the cover last year), but I thought it would be nice if we had our own calendar contest here.

So here's how it'll work...

I'd like all of you to dig up the most awesome photographic masterpieces and action shots of your offroading Subie and submit them to us. Our admin/mod panel will have a vote-off for 13 finalists among all entries, and then we will have a vote among all members to determine the winner for the cover shot of the calendar.

Photo Guidelines:
Any picture of your personal vehicle (or your spouse's) is eligible, as long as it is a Subaru. Multiple entries are allowed - you may submit up to 5 images. Of course by submitting them to us you are giving us permission to use your photos in the calendar.

The pictures must be in .jpg or .TIF format, with a minimum image size of 1800 x 2300 pixels at 200 ppi (pixels per inch), in landscape format. We will resize and crop as needed, so no worries about pictures being too large.

How to submit your entries:
Please email your entries to silke (at) sonic (dot) net, or, if you’re hosting your entry online, provide me with a link to download a full-size version.

If your email does not support large attachments, please upload them at www.sendthisfile.com, which will allow me to link to their server and download the image in full size.

In order for your entries to be considered, they must have the following filename format: username_entry<#>.jpg (for example pleiad7_entry1.jpg)

Be sure to make the photos as HIGH QUALITY as your camera equipment will allow! If you use the file upload service , we can accept whatever file size pictures you can send, so don't be bashful with the Megapixels.

Closing date for submittals will be October 10, 2008. We hope to make the calendar available for purchase through either www.cafepress.com or www.zazzle.com by late October (both of those sites can process international orders). All proceeds from sales will directly benefit the upkeep of this forum!

Good luck, and feel free to post a downsized version of your entries here in this thread as well! :)

Entries received:
  • ggvfr (5)
  • cheyne_r (3)
  • mr turbo (5)
  • SA_Forester (3)
  • beigewagon (3)
  • bumpty (2)

What a great idea :banana::woohoo::banana:

I'll have to go through my pics to see what I've got. :Bananacomputer:

Regards
Mr Turbo

C'mon guys, don't be shy! I see lots of calendar material in our site banners, so I know you guys have the shots! :iconwink:

C'mon guys, don't be shy! I see lots of calendar material in our site banners, so I know you guys have the shots! :iconwink:

I have also sent you some pics ((3x emails (5 pics))

But in the meantime, I thought that the rest or you guys might like to see what I have sent, so here they are.

img4385tw5.jpg

img4390fn0.jpg

img3335nz3.jpg

img8619aa0.jpg

img4616er4.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

I might send some pics of the rental Forry I am taking to Kangaroo Island on the 24th aug for a holiday. I thought I would leave the "L" at home. :)

Moved this here for better visibility...

Only four of you have entered so far... I know you're holding out on me! ;)

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Too bad I don't have any pics of my outback off road yet.

I may be able to get off road this weekend in the New Jersey Pine Barrens (Ooo.. search for the Jersey Devil :lildevil:). If so, I'll send some in. Any idea when you'll close it?

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Too bad I don't have any pics of my outback off road yet.

I may be able to get off road this weekend in the New Jersey Pine Barrens (Ooo.. search for the Jersey Devil :lildevil:). If so, I'll send some in. Any idea when you'll close it?

As I said in the first post, closing date for entries is October 10.

As I said in the first post, closing date for entries is October 10.

Ah yes. Reading comprehension is your friend. I'll see if I can get anyplace off road before then. At least, anyplace off road that looks interesting enough.

We don't even have enough entries yet to fill half a calendar... :( Hope some of you will come through and send some my way. Judging from our cool banners there is no shortage of spectacular photography.

You can use any of my car from Peaty if he wishes to supply them.

Damn, I missed this in the past.

Do any of the ORS v1.0 members have a copy of TonyW photo of my L-Series nosing into a water crossing? Outasight maybe? TonyW had it on one of the oringinal banners for to ORS v1.0 forum.

He submitted it to BYB forum years ago, but it did not make their calander. He was going to send me a copy but never did.

In the meantime I will have to sort through my pics.

Beigewagon.

OK, here is my first submission. I have to admit I did not take this pic, sorry I can't recall who did, but it is my car.

Beigewagon

Last edited:
Back